Who we are and what we do
We are a Life Sciences Engineering Consultancy and Technical Recruitment Company headquartered in Waterford, Ireland. This Privacy Notice is directed to individuals who wish to avail of our services in seeking employment, whether contract or permanent.
If you wish to contact us on any issue regarding your data protection, please see below following contact options
This Privacy Statement sets out how Aphex uses and processes any information that you give to us. We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information. This Privacy Statement explains how we collect, transfer, process, use and disclose your data and sets out our security practices.
What we collect
We collect personally identifiable information (PII) that you provide to us, which is information that identifies you as an individual. We only do this when you have provided us with the information and you have given your consent that we can use it in your interest for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement. This PII may include your name, address, private and work email address, phone number, financial information, references verifying your qualifications and experience, curriculum vitae and links to your professional profiles available in the public domain such as LinkedIn.
How we use your Personal Information and the Legal basis for doing so
Any personal data you volunteer will be used for the purpose for which you supply it and will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, strictly in accordance with General Data Protection Regulations. Aphex collects and uses your personal information (PI) to
deliver the job-seeking or related services you have requested. Your information will only be used for matching your skills with potential job opportunities and will only be disclosed to prospective employers with your express consent.
By providing your PI, and where you have agreed to receiving communications from us, we may use the information:
- to consider your application for employment
- to notify you of our new employment opportunities and services
- to respond to your requests
- to improve our level of service
- to seek your views on our services
- share your information with prospective employers to increase your chances of securing the job you wantThe legal basis for processing your personal information is that you have explicitly given your consent to us. This consent can be given at the time of initially seeking our services or having read the company’s Privacy Statement providing explicit consent to our continuing use of the personal data you have supplied us.
Subject to other applicable legal requirements, we intend to hold your personal data for 5 years from the date you have given consent to us to use it on your behalf. This retention period is based on our experience that, having engaged with us on employment options, individuals are open to considering new opportunities within that timeframe. Each individual has the right to withdraw their consent and have their personal information erased at any time.
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you in accordance with Section 86 of the Data Protection Act 2018;
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete in accordance with Section 87 and Section 89 of the Data Protection Act 2018;
- Right to erasure – in certain circumstances, you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records in accordance with Section 87 and Section 89 of the Data Protection Act 2018;
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing in accordance with Section 87 and Section 89 of the Data Protection Act 2018
- Right of portability – subject to certain restrictions, you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation where we hold it in electronic form. This right of data portability applies to: (i) personal data that we process automatically (i.e. without any human intervention); (ii) personal data provided by you; and (iii) personal data that we process based on your consent or in order to fulfil a contract.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.All of the above requests can be directed to the Aphex contact points listed in thisStatement. They will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved in the processing of your personal data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by us or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority:
Data Protection Commissioner: Office of the Data Protection Commissioner. Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co. Laois, R32 AP23, Ireland. Phone +353 (0761) 104 800 | LoCall 1890 25 22
31 | Fax +353 57 868 4757 | email firstname.lastname@example.org
Website usage information
We also automatically collect information about your computer browser type and operating system, websites you visited before and after visiting our websites, standard server log information, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. We aggregate this information to understand how our visitors use our website and mobile applications so that we can improve them and the services we offer. These analytics do not typically identify individual users. This information includes:
- the total number of visits to our website.
- the number of visitors to each page of our website.
- the domain names of our visitors’ internet service providers.
How we protect your PII
Aphex will take appropriate legal, organisational, and technical measures to protect your personal information. When Aphex uses a third-party service provider, that provider will be carefully selected and will be contractually required to use appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality and security of personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your PI from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet or a mobile phone network connection is not completely secure.
Although we will do our best to protect your PI, we cannot guarantee the security of the PI you transmit to our website. Any transmission is at your own risk. While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to data will not occur during transmission, once we have received your information, we will employ appropriate technical security measures to protect your data.
Aphex takes its obligations very seriously and adopts the strongest line in relation to the misuse of customer information by any of its staff. Any breach of trust regarding the confidentiality of information is treated as serious misconduct under the Disciplinary Code and can lead to sanctions up to and including dismissal.
Sharing PII with third parties
To provide you with an efficient service, your information may be shared by Technical Recruitment Specialists working within Aphex. We may also disclose your information to contracted companies who act as “data processors” on our behalf. Our data processors include external consultants, professional advisers such as lawyers, software and technical support providers, IT consultants and marketing technology platforms and suppliers. We only share information with third parties who help us in the delivery of our job placement services to you. These third parties may not use that information for any purpose other than assisting us in providing these services. Any contact information that you provide through our system will not be sold/ rented/leased to any third party for selling or marketing to you. We will only provide third party companies with the personal information they need to deliver the appropriate service.
We require all companies providing such support services to meet the same standards of data protection as our own. They are prohibited from using the information for their own purposes. We do not allow service providers to use your PI for their own activities.
Where Aphex transfer your data to countries outside of the EEA , (European Economic Area), Aphex ensures that the third parties have an adequate level of data protection and adhere to GDPR.
Information from outside sources
We may also collect legally obtained information from third parties to add to our existing user databases, for example, references. Such Information will only be collected and used by us to fulfil our services to our clients and candidates.
Our websites and mobile applications may use technology called “cookies.” A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard disk by a server. Cookies allow our websites and mobile applications to respond to you as an individual. The website or mobile application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored if you prefer. Please refer to your Internet browser’s instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions and to specify your cookie preferences.
If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of our website.
Links to other websites
Our website may from time to time provide links to or embed third party websites. This Privacy Statement does not apply to those websites. If you choose to enter such a linked site, you agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such websites and do not review or endorse and shall not be liable, directly or indirectly, for:
- how these websites treat your PII
- the content of such websites
- the use that others make of these websites.
Please ensure you check the legal and privacy statements posted on each website or mobile application you access before entering any PII.
We may occasionally update this Privacy Statement. If the changes we make are material, we also may post a notice regarding the changes on our website. We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Statement to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the PII we collect.